How to Convert a FrontPage DWT to Dreamweaver
Support > How to Convert a FrontPage DWT to Dreamweaver
Converting a FrontPage DWT to a Dreamweaver DWT is quite easy, especially if your DWT is already DWT-Compliant (and any FrontPage 2003 Dynamic Web Template you buy at BAC Web Design IS DWT-Compliant).
- Start with a FrontPage DWT Package folder. This could be labeled "DWT" or "_DWT". You'll need all files located in there.
- Create a folder called "Templates." Drag/drop all the .dwt files into the Templates folder in Dreamweaver.
- If you made this change within a FrontPage web, the links should be automatically updated. Otherwise, you may use a text editor to run Find/Replace commands on all the .dwt files.
- Style sheet reference: If your template uses stylesheets, change the reference in all the .dwts. For example, find href="styles.css" and replace it with href="../styles.css".
- Graphics references: Change the reference for all the graphics used in the .dwts. For example, find img src="graphics/..." and replace it with img src="../graphics/..."
- Now, you'll need to go through and delete all the FrontPage webbot components and replace with normal HTML comments.
- Page banner: If your template uses a FrontPage-generated page banner, delete the code and replace with normal text or graphics.
- Link bars: If your template uses FrontPage link bars, delete the code and replace with normal text, graphics, or an HTML comment.
- Comments: If your template uses FrontPage comments, replace the webbot code with a normal HTML comment.
- That's it! Now all you have to do is to create the readme file according to specs, create any sample or starter pages that you wish to include, and zip it up!